• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Grocery shopping

doc3738

Pickled Onion
I DO BELIEVE
As a general rule if it does not have something to do with hunting,fishing,shooting,camping,BBQ,beer or tannerite,
then most men if sent to a store without a specific name
to pick something up for a woman, should not be astonished or shocked with what they bring back.
My wife is no exception.
After nearly 50 years you would think she would remember that
Anyway she sends me to the store for pie shells/crust.
Her only warning was do not come back with Oreo or graham cracker type. I want regular flour pie shells. Also a stern warning to go there and right back and DO NOT GO TO SPORTING GOODS LOOKING FOR THEM.
I get past Automotive,slow roll by sporting goods (she did not say a word about electronics ) so took a long glance
I made it to the pie shell area and found some.
She said get her 4 packs so I got 8 to be safe
Get back home drag myself in the door chest pounding as if it
is going to explode , I get out here they are and fall out on the couch.
Finally the pain goes away and am just laying there tired worn out and half asleep.
Suddenly the silence and the air is broken by this blood cruddling scream and a line of words behind it that I had never heard before.with Charles on the end of it.
I jump up off the couch and run as fast as these old worn out legs would let me. What is the matter you hurt ?
Wife is standing there looking at the shells and then me ,shells then me.
No, I am not hurt !!
What were you thinking bringing me these cheap (store brand) pie shells. Did you leave your brain here at home ? Answer me !! Where was your brain at when you got these ? I know, you ran in there grabbed the first thing you saw and then headed to sporting goods .
I can't believe you did not get a good name brand !!
I then made the foolish mistake of saying "well, we have only been married 49 years and 9 months. You should know by now that to me a pie shell is a pie shell.
Then I sinned again by asking
Do you want me to go get different ones ?
That is when the Satan's sister appeared .(I cleaned it up.She rarely says words like that)
No, I don't !!! I should have known better than to send you after these, get out of the kitchen and go lay back down
Every time I heard a pan rattle and another pie filling made, I could hear her in the kitchen ranting and raving
She makes her pies and everything else went off without a hitch
Making a Thanksgiving meal for 30 or more people is not an easy chore . Everything was perfect
After Thanksgiving she told me I owe you an apology
What !! you apologize to me what for
The pie shells are really good they did not fall apart or get hard, they did not burn or taste bad, they are even a little flakey
I am just surprised at how good they are. You did good after all and I will get these next time as well and see if they are as good
Ladies, if your sending your man after something make sure you tell them what it is .Our brains do not compute past sporting goods or the beer aisle
May this make you smile a little

kotsy1

Fried Onion
absolutely perfect doc. thanks for the smiles. I always send hubby with a specific list. if he comes back with something wrong, i do not say anything. just let it be