• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Question on Check from Winaday

Sortame

Pickled Onion
I made a withdrawal for the first time. I got a check very quickly and I am impressed!

I took the check to my bank, Wells Fargo, and they said they have to send it to the bank in Canada to get the money. They also want a $25 fee to do this. Is this normal? Should I have chosen another method for withdrawal?
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

krystalkitty

Check is the only option for US players. Like Slotland, the check is drawn on a Canadian bank (US funds). I have cashed 3 checks from Slotland and my bank didn't charge me!

Sortame

Pickled Onion
I would like to know the names of banks that any of you use that accept the checks from Winaday and Slotland without any problems.
I'm thinking I may have to set up another bank account to avoid fees. Wells Fargo also said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get payment. That's outrageous to me.

Thanks for your input.

DEEDEEMOE

Super Moderator
It does depend on which bank you are using. I've been told that citibank and chase may allow checks without charge, and do allow winnings wired to your acct and don't charge you but you do have to wait for payment to clear. Slotland has a minimum for bank wire, think it's $500 and winaday's is i think $100 for bank wire.

Last edited:

krystalkitty

Mine is just a small town bank. That is interesting about the wire transfer. I don't see that option at either Winaday or Slotland. It shows the only withdrawal method CHECK.

DEEDEEMOE

Super Moderator
I would suggest talking with sl and wd, they are very helpful and may be able to steer you to a paymnet method that would work for you.

jimebear

Pussy Willow
This is interesting.....I've never used any withdrawal method other than Wire Transfer. They used to charge $25 fee, but for the past year, I haven't been charged.
The wire is processed at Slotland on Monday and credited to my bank account on Friday at the latest. It varies though and sometimes it shows up as early as Wednesday.

When I lived in Miami I used Peoples Credit Union and never had a problem with wire transfers from Slotland or Winaday
Now that I am in NC, I opened a new account with First Citizens Bank and still no problems or fees ..at least so far. I've only had two wire transfers to the new account.

Hope this helps.
Jimebear

Sortame

Pickled Onion
I would suggest talking with sl and wd, they are very helpful and may be able to steer you to a paymnet method that would work for you.

I have e-mailed winaday asking about other withdrawal options and explained what happened with my bank.
I got a reply that I should here from them again within one business day.

krystalkitty

Next time I withdraw from either of those, I will have to talk to support about the Wire! I love that option. But check isn't bad either considering my withdrawal was processed on Tues. and had my check on Wed:)

shirleem

Pickled Onion
I never had a problem until recently,I used to get a check that was not from Canada and had no problems. Now the checks are from Canada and my bank( a credit union) charges 25$ and holds it for 30 days. I have emailed Winaday about this and they said about the wire transfer which my bank charges 15$ They were not sure if they will go back to the old way and said they will let me know. This is frustrating as I only deposit at Winaday and Slotland and have not been depositing like I used to because it is such a hassle if you try to withdrawal, they did offer to credit my account with any fees my bank charges for wire transfers :) I live near Pittsburgh Pa

swift55

Pickled Onion
Me To

Me To

My bank charged me 40. and had a 2 week wait. Slotland also told me they also deal with a U.S. bank but do not know what bank the check will come from.

swift55

blackjktc

Pickled Onion
Check

Check

I as well have a check in my wallet from Slotland and for the first time ever I can not seem to get it cashed. I get nervous when I get strange looks from people while waiting for them to cash it. I will contact Slotland Today and get this figured out, Like I said I have never had a problem before so I am confident that it will be sorted. But dang it this seems to be getting on my nerves. I will post the outcome so you will know if it helps others.
Todd:crazy::p:confused:

Sortame

Pickled Onion
Update: The bank employees at the branch bank I took the check to yesterday gave me wrong information. I took the check to the main Wells Fargo bank today and had no problems depositing the check. There is a $5 fee for depositing an international check. The teller looked blank when I asked how long a hold to expect and said no more than the usual few days. The $5 fee is less than the wire fee of $16.50, so should I ever have another withdrawal, I'll probably stick with a check.

Whew, all is well!