• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Home Networks - help needed

LaurieK

Pickled Onion

Any computer gurus out there??? I have a question about home wifi networks and need advice from someone who knows their stuff but isn't trying to sell me something (salesmen will tell you any damn thing and now I'm confused).

We have eight devices in our house hooked to our wifi...my desktop (with a Verizon modem), 2 TVs, 2 android phones, 2 android tablets and a Playstation4. I need to protect our network with a firewall - antivirus - antimalware, etc... I've researched, read, google-searched until my head is ready to blow right of my shoulders! I've been told everything from downloads that cost between $40 and $200 per year to VPN routers that range in price from $60 - $600.

I'm currently running a 30 day trial of Kaspersky Total Security but because it's a free trail it "shuts off" after processing 200 MB each day. So my current protection is spotty.

What does anyone else have to protect their home network that won't break my bank but will protect all our devices? Your help is SO GREATLY APPRECIATED, my dear GG friends!

LaurieK :)