• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Re: Lasting tribute and memorial for my Son and Grandson

laceysoft

Pickled Onion
Re: Lasting tribute and memorial for my Son and Grandson

It has been a year June 22, 2016 that my son David(26) and Joe(8) Button died tragically in a fatal car accident and that David's wife Alysha survived. We have come such a long way since then. David's bother Jake, sisters, Shannon and Jessica have had such a hard time with their death, I have tried to be there in every way but it is so hard to be strong when you yourself are shattering in a million pieces. But, with love, strength and togetherness we have limped along, but it is still so hard and moments hit you and you feel so overwhelmed and cry. I am sure many of you who have had loved ones pass know this feeling well.

Shannon's birthday was June 22nd so she has a horrible tragedy associated with her birthday and I know her brother and nephew would not want her birthday defined by their deaths, so we prayed and had our sadness in the morning and tried to make her birthday fun not like last year but we all had a few moments but we made it a good time!!!

We go camping at Pigeon Creek Campgrounds in Millston, WI between Tomah and Black River Falls and we have been going there for 24 years, as of this year. Many memories and good times of my children growing up there and all the silly things we did and the fun, family vacations were the best!!! I wanted to do something special and went through all the DNR's approval forms and location picked, I had a memorial bench made in honor of their memory!!! The bench was made and engraved and installed on Saturday the 17th and we went there on Friday for a weekend camping trip, to see the bench and oh my gosh it was beautiful and so well done.

It is in the beach area/picnic and overlooks David's favorite fishing spot and he continued the tradition with his son. It was so bittersweet and memories flooded back and we all did a lot of crying...it was hard but somewhat of a little closure for us as a family. In the evening we lit chinese lanterns and the DNR Rangers even joined us for the beautiful tribute to David and Joe!!!

Here is the bench and video of us lighting lanterns....thanks for all the support from my gg family...love you guys!!!!! Click on link for video lol

[video]https://www.facebook.com/jessica.button.98478/videos/vb.783520124/10158872736690125/?type=2&theater[/video]

closememorialbench2017.jpg

LaurieK

Pickled Onion
It has been a year June 22, 2016 that my son David(26) and Joe(8) Button died tragically in a fatal car accident and that David's wife Alysha survived. We have come such a long way since then. David's bother Jake, sisters, Shannon and Jessica have had such a hard time with their death, I have tried to be there in every way but it is so hard to be strong when you yourself are shattering in a million pieces. But, with love, strength and togetherness we have limped along, but it is still so hard and moments hit you and you feel so overwhelmed and cry. I am sure many of you who have had loved ones pass know this feeling well.

Shannon's birthday was June 22nd so she has a horrible tragedy associated with her birthday and I know her brother and nephew would not want her birthday defined by their deaths, so we prayed and had our sadness in the morning and tried to make her birthday fun not like last year but we all had a few moments but we made it a good time!!!

We go camping at Pigeon Creek Campgrounds in Millston, WI between Tomah and Black River Falls and we have been going there for 24 years, as of this year. Many memories and good times of my children growing up there and all the silly things we did and the fun, family vacations were the best!!! I wanted to do something special and went through all the DNR's approval forms and location picked, I had a memorial bench made in honor of their memory!!! The bench was made and engraved and installed on Saturday the 17th and we went there on Friday for a weekend camping trip, to see the bench and oh my gosh it was beautiful and so well done.

It is in the beach area/picnic and overlooks David's favorite fishing spot and he continued the tradition with his son. It was so bittersweet and memories flooded back and we all did a lot of crying...it was hard but somewhat of a little closure for us as a family. In the evening we lit chinese lanterns and the DNR Rangers even joined us for the beautiful tribute to David and Joe!!!

Here is the bench and video of us lighting lanterns....thanks for all the support from my gg family...love you guys!!!!! Click on link for video lol

[video]https://www.facebook.com/jessica.button.98478/videos/vb.783520124/10158872736690125/?type=2&theater[/video]

View attachment 628

My thoughts and prayers to your family during this difficult time. What a wonderful tribute to your loved ones.......

Laurie

laceysoft

Pickled Onion
thanks so much all of you....you have no clue how much it means to me for you to say something.....validation of feeling is so imortant is it not? It just helps to get us through anything!!! Your all so awesome!!!

kotsy1

Fried Onion
It's a beautiful tribute and memory. It will always be bittersweet to see it, but soothing as well. may everyone's heart heal a bit more each day.