• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

As discussed in chat...

GreedyGirl

Pickled Onion
For those who were in chat, you already know about this and why I'm posting the photo.

For those who weren't in chat, here's the story: Deedeemoe was doing roll call and the question of the day was 'what was the worst vacation you ever took and why?'

I recounted the story about how almost a year and a half ago, my hubby and I took a brief getaway to Ruidoso, which is a beautiful mountain resort town. It had been a very stressful time for me and I just needed a break to relax.

My hubby owns a piece of land at the top of an undeveloped mountain...with no roads...and really, nothing within miles of it.

As he drove up the mountain, I had a terrible feeling and I kept asking him to turn around--I didn't need to see this piece of land. I just wanted to go back down the mountain. Joe was insistent that we reach his property. We reached it and when Joe attempted to turn the SUV around, the car got stuck...and then he applied a bit too much gas...and well, you can see what happened.

A 50-foot drop behind us and a 20-foot drop off to the passenger side. I'd never been so frightened--or angry!

We had to hike a mile down the mountain--we were very fortunate to have a signal on our cell phones so we could reach 911. A sheriff arrived an hour later and had to contact the only tow service in town that could winch the car out. Waited four hours for that in the cold air of November. No water, no food, no bathroom.

Not exactly a relaxing getaway!

ruidoso.jpg

marielynne

Fried Onion
As a frequent camper, who loves to explore forest roads(meaning little maintenance )..this scenario is my deepest nightmare! I have had several "almost wet my pants" incidents turning around on high mountain roads but none came close to this!!! Aggg!

John

Fried Onion
I Dunno Greedy

I Dunno Greedy

For those who were in chat, you already know about this and why I'm posting the photo.

For those who weren't in chat, here's the story: Deedeemoe was doing roll call and the question of the day was 'what was the worst vacation you ever took and why?'

I recounted the story about how almost a year and a half ago, my hubby and I took a brief getaway to Ruidoso, which is a beautiful mountain resort town. It had been a very stressful time for me and I just needed a break to relax.

My hubby owns a piece of land at the top of an undeveloped mountain...with no roads...and really, nothing within miles of it.

As he drove up the mountain, I had a terrible feeling and I kept asking him to turn around--I didn't need to see this piece of land. I just wanted to go back down the mountain. Joe was insistent that we reach his property. We reached it and when Joe attempted to turn the SUV around, the car got stuck...and then he applied a bit too much gas...and well, you can see what happened.

A 50-foot drop behind us and a 20-foot drop off to the passenger side. I'd never been so frightened--or angry!

We had to hike a mile down the mountain--we were very fortunate to have a signal on our cell phones so we could reach 911. A sheriff arrived an hour later and had to contact the only tow service in town that could winch the car out. Waited four hours for that in the cold air of November. No water, no food, no bathroom.

Not exactly a relaxing getaway!

View attachment 381

Are you sure that you just hadn't talked so much at him on the trip that he finally snapped and tried to end it all there and then?