• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

For Bryan Re; @app.topica.com

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Hello to Bryan and all who read this thread.
I am sorry to say that I have blocked all e-mails using the app.topica.com suffix.
This third party e-mail programme is being used by the worlds spammers. My inbox has been filled with their crap on too many occasions.
I have made complaints to my ISP who have assured me that somewhere, somehow, a database has been hacked and they have received a number of complaints from their customers.
If you can, PLEASE, find another way of e-mailing the GG database as it is unlikely I will ever receive a GG e-mail again if you continue to use app.topica.com.
I only got this weeks newsletter as I have been monitoring the service. That is about to end.

Phil.

BryanB

Master of Onions
Staff member
Hello to Bryan and all who read this thread.
I am sorry to say that I have blocked all e-mails using the app.topica.com suffix.
This third party e-mail programme is being used by the worlds spammers. My inbox has been filled with their crap on too many occasions.
I have made complaints to my ISP who have assured me that somewhere, somehow, a database has been hacked and they have received a number of complaints from their customers.
If you can, PLEASE, find another way of e-mailing the GG database as it is unlikely I will ever receive a GG e-mail again if you continue to use app.topica.com.
I only got this weeks newsletter as I have been monitoring the service. That is about to end.

Phil.

Thanks for this Phil. As I mentioned, I was giving this a shot. I've used Topica for over a decade, and over the years I've seen less and less responsiveness from subscribers. I'm looking at the stats and see a lot of deliveries, but not much activity. So it could be that these mails are being blocked.

Your input is really appreciated.:thumbsup:

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Topica

Topica

Hello Bryan,
Thanks for your reply.
I have one suggestion. If i remember correctly, you use a UK host for GG. Most hosts here also provide an e-mail service along with host servers. can you set up (I presume) a business e-mail account, or, is the cost too prohibative?
Maybe, a question out to all at GG could come up with a bunch of tech heads here who, collectively, could come up with some answers to your problem (again, if it does not cost too much, jeff could help here).

Phil.

doc3738

Pickled Onion
topica

topica

I have to say that I receive no more spam than I ever have
Having said that it may be because of the difference in our locations
Phil in the UK and me in the US

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Topica

Topica

Hello Doc,
Unfortunately it isn't the amount of spam, it's the fact that spammers are using @app.topica.com as a third party e-mail programme and, therefore, keep their anonimity and their personal inbox free.
Once your phone number or e-mail address is added to a list or database that goes out for sale, then you really start getting the crap. This has happened far too many times. I was once with BT, one of the biggest telecoms in the world.They use an Indian call centre where one of the staff copied the database and used it for spamming, until, after a number of complaints, he was caught and jailed. (You should have seen the crap that filled my inbox!).

Phil.