• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

free virus protectioon

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus

Hello Vickie,
Any well known AV prog company will supply a free version. Try google search for free AV.
Windows also has their own security prog you can download.
Mine is MacAfee supplied by my ISP for free but it is the full version.
One word of warning. The free progs tend to lag behind the full premium paid-for version as these have to be satisfied first when updates are ready for download.
Remember all security companies only survive by making a profit so free progs, to them, are a pain in the bum.
If you have the funds to pay for a full version, best to do so.
Another side to this is malware. Not all AV progs are good at detecting and clearing these little nasties. I use a free version of malwarebytes.com. It is very good and I will upgrade to the full version soon.

Phil. (Come back if you need further help)

krystalkitty

I bought my Virus protector. Have used the free versions of some, but always got a virus or two or three that led to the blue screen of death. No more. So, in my opinion, I would buy a full version:)

babyspet2

Pickled Onion
Hello Vickie,
Any well known AV prog company will supply a free version. Try google search for free AV.
Windows also has their own security prog you can download.
Mine is MacAfee supplied by my ISP for free but it is the full version.
One word of warning. The free progs tend to lag behind the full premium paid-for version as these have to be satisfied first when updates are ready for download.
Remember all security companies only survive by making a profit so free progs, to them, are a pain in the bum.
If you have the funds to pay for a full version, best to do so.
Another side to this is malware. Not all AV progs are good at detecting and clearing these little nasties. I use a free version of malwarebytes.com. It is very good and I will upgrade to the full version soon.

Phil. (Come back if you need further help)

Thanks , guess I will stay with the paid version. Vickie

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus

Hello vickie,

Can you tell me what specific problems you are having with your AV? (apart from having to pay for it! LOL!)

Phil.

babyspet2

Pickled Onion
Hello vickie,

Can you tell me what specific problems you are having with your AV? (apart from having to pay for it! LOL!)

Phil.

I am not having any problems (knock on wood) someone told me Avira is what they use and it was free. So before I stopped Norton I wanted to find out what you guys used that might be cheaper. I also have Hitman Pro for browser protection. I have a fear of viruses so was checking first. I appreciate all of you guys for helping. Vickie

doc3738

Pickled Onion
free viruse

free viruse

Keep in mind a virus protector can only protect you from existing viruses .It can't protect from new ones
Here is what I have done and rarely have a problem
I download and use www.superantispyware.com free version or the full one is only like 25 .00 take or give
Download and run it
If you take the free one then download Microsoft essentials on a regular basis and the superanti once a week as a backup
I also download and run trend micro every month or so

It really does not matter what you run no one program will catch everything, that is why I turn one off and run another
Run soft essentials regular shut off once a week and run super anti ,turn off and turn soft back on. If you start having problems turn of the soft and run trend micro
Here lately (last year or so ) I have started using Microsoft essential and has worked well for me . I keep the others as backups and run every so often
You can reads the article I put up on cleaning a PC a month or so ago and these are the programs I used and installed on it

babyspet2

Pickled Onion
Keep in mind a virus protector can only protect you from existing viruses .It can't protect from new ones
Here is what I have done and rarely have a problem
I download and use www.superantispyware.com free version or the full one is only like 25 .00 take or give
Download and run it
If you take the free one then download Microsoft essentials on a regular basis and the superanti once a week as a backup
I also download and run trend micro every month or so

It really does not matter what you run no one program will catch everything, that is why I turn one off and run another
Run soft essentials regular shut off once a week and run super anti ,turn off and turn soft back on. If you start having problems turn of the soft and run trend micro
Here lately (last year or so ) I have started using Microsoft essential and has worked well for me . I keep the others as backups and run every so often
You can reads the article I put up on cleaning a PC a month or so ago and these are the programs I used and installed on it

I would like to read your article but nor sure how to look it up. At present I downloaded Norton for 2 more years and also bought Hitman Pro to watch my browser. This has cost me $300. I would like to get away from this expense and any help appreciated. Thanks Vickie

doc3738

Pickled Onion
look this up

look this up

I would like to read your article but nor sure how to look it up. At present I downloaded Norton for 2 more years and also bought Hitman Pro to watch my browser. This has cost me $300. I would like to get away from this expense and any help appreciated. Thanks Vickie

go to the search box on main page of forum type in COMPUTER PROBLEMS
it should find my article
Hopefully you will find it interesting and helpful