• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Have to brag

doc3738

Pickled Onion
We have a grandaughter that has just turned 13 and is a bowling nut.
Kati does not weigh 90 pounds soaking wet, her arms are thin as a noodle
Yet, she can sling a bowling ball with the best
The town she lives in has about run out of people that will bowl aganist her
She has done two 7/10 splits, has thrown two 290 games .Her dad has a perfect 300 and a 299 back to back
She started bowling at 5 and at 6 refused to use bumper pads
At about 9 she started entering Tourneys and playing adult child leagues with her Dad
Around 10 she refused to bowl anymore handicap games
Her Dad knew that the competition would be tough and explained that to her.
She did not care they either beat me or I beat them heads up.
She has been approached about joining the Junior olympic team in a year or two
She was in Indiana this last week where she was in competition with about 800 kids from 16 to 18
Kati held 123 rd spot for two days in one class and held # 2 spot in another class
On the 3rd day she moved up to 122 and tied for 1st
Finally the age factor took over and she buckled on the 4th day as the older kids finally wore her down
I think there were 21 diffeent oil patterns used and she had to figure out which each one was. There is no adult help at all
Just to do that for 3 days is a feat in itself
She left the Tournement with her head high
The next day she ask her dad to take her to a couple of bowling alleys while still in Indiana
She bowled 3 different places and in one day qualified for some big T coming uo in a few months
She now travels all the way to Plano, texas which is roughly 50 miles one way to bowl and to get stiffer competition
Mom and Dad let her decide when she wants to go ,when to compete and do not push her in any way.
Really thought she would be burned out now
I had no idea what all there is to bowling she has 6 balls and each one is for a different oil pattern and do use for different reasons
She has a very nice college nest egg building already and continues to grow
If you ever want a challenge from a kid she can give you a run
We are really proud of her

marielynne

Fried Onion
We have a grandaughter that has just turned 13 and is a bowling nut.
Kati does not weigh 90 pounds soaking wet, her arms are thin as a noodle
Yet, she can sling a bowling ball with the best
The town she lives in has about run out of people that will bowl aganist her
She has done two 7/10 splits, has thrown two 290 games .Her dad has a perfect 300 and a 299 back to back
She started bowling at 5 and at 6 refused to use bumper pads
At about 9 she started entering Tourneys and playing adult child leagues with her Dad
Around 10 she refused to bowl anymore handicap games
Her Dad knew that the competition would be tough and explained that to her.
She did not care they either beat me or I beat them heads up.
She has been approached about joining the Junior olympic team in a year or two
She was in Indiana this last week where she was in competition with about 800 kids from 16 to 18
Kati held 123 rd spot for two days in one class and held # 2 spot in another class
On the 3rd day she moved up to 122 and tied for 1st
Finally the age factor took over and she buckled on the 4th day as the older kids finally wore her down
I think there were 21 diffeent oil patterns used and she had to figure out which each one was. There is no adult help at all
Just to do that for 3 days is a feat in itself
She left the Tournement with her head high
The next day she ask her dad to take her to a couple of bowling alleys while still in Indiana
She bowled 3 different places and in one day qualified for some big T coming uo in a few months
She now travels all the way to Plano, texas which is roughly 50 miles one way to bowl and to get stiffer competition
Mom and Dad let her decide when she wants to go ,when to compete and do not push her in any way.
Really thought she would be burned out now
I had no idea what all there is to bowling she has 6 balls and each one is for a different oil pattern and do use for different reasons
She has a very nice college nest egg building already and continues to grow
If you ever want a challenge from a kid she can give you a run
We are really proud of her

Holy cow what a girl! Yes, you should be proud, what a wonderful young lady and athlete. So cool mom and dad are supporting her and letting her set her pace. So glad you shared! Wowser!