• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

MAIN SITE ISSUES - STATUS UPDATE

GreedyGirl

Pickled Onion
Hey everyone--

I want to let everybody know what's going on with your GG's not banking properly as well as the troubles you're having with Conversions.

Late last week, we began experiencing some slow-downs on the site. This occurs when our server memory gets a bit too full and to fix this, it's generally a quick and simple task taken care of by Jeff. When Jeff looked into the memory issue, he noticed that not only was our cache at its limit, the CPU was operating at a full 100% (highly unusual). Because of this, not only did Jeff perform the memory dump, but he also refreshed the site. When he did the refresh, something got hung up, which is causing the trouble we're now experiencing.

Jeff has been working on trying to sort out what exactly is getting caught and how to fix it. Up til now, he's been manually moving everyone's GG's to their banks every hour or so--he was hoping that by doing this, it would A) allow members to convert (which obviously, it's not working) and B) those members with negative GG's will have a balance in their play accounts.

At this point what Jeff is hoping (we're ALL hoping!) that if we re-start the server itself, that this will likely resolve the problem--if it doesn't, then we're talking about an entirely different nightmare. In order to re-start the server, I've sent a trouble ticket to our hosting company and at their first opportunity (sometime today), they will re-start the server. This means, the GG main site WILL be down for a bit--it can be anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. PLEASE don't email or PM or Facebook Deedeemoe or myself asking when the site will be back up or when you'll be able to convert, etc.--until the server is re-started, we won't have any idea on anything.

Also, because we don't know when the main site will be down (which also affects all GG emails), I am postponing the 12 Days of Christmas mailing. Additionally, I'm holding off closing the current Competitions, but I will be adding more in the morning (I need some sleep!). The reason for not closing the current Comps is simply that this means a bit less burden on Jeff right now (having to move GG's from playing accounts to bank).

I'm hoping by the time I wake up there will be some great news for everyone. Please cross your fingers...think good, positive thoughts...pray (if you're so inclined)...whatever you can do to put some positive energy into the GG servers gods! :thumbsup:

GreedyGirl

Pickled Onion
The Latest

The Latest

We've done the server re-start and it's good news/bad news. The good news is that it appears that the bank itself is transferring GG's. The bad news is that there's still an issue with Conversions and now, possibly emails Unfortunately, it's 3 AM in Australia, where Jeff is located so there's nothing we can do for at least a few hours. Hopefully this latest bit will be a simple fix.

In the meantime, PLEASE do NOT make any Conversions!!! Also, I cannot guarantee that other data functions will be working currently (i.e., bonuses being issued, GG's properly moving, emails, etc.), so play at your own risk.

Again, I'm incredibly sorry about what everyone is going through--it's certainly not what I was hoping for for everyone for the holidays. As soon as this is sorted out, of course, we'll find ways to make it up to everybody...just please be patient. We're genuinely doing everything possible to get this worked out. :crazy: