• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

REMEMBER THEM

doc3738

Pickled Onion
Tomorrow is Memorial Day here in the United States
I ask that you take a moment out of your day just and hour or maybe two is all that is needed
Take you children and your grandchildren or even the neighbor kid to a Veteran Memorial
Let them read the inscriptions or read and explain it to them
Stand and reflect on what this day means . Take them from there to a cemetery and show them a headstone of
a soldier laid to rest so they will know what one looks like
If you are unable to take them then pull it up on the internet and read and show them
Let them realize that if not for those men, the freedoms they have would not be as great as what they are
Memorial Day can't be explained in words or in pictures and et it correct it is something different to everyone
To me it brings back memories of the ones I could not safe and the ones that I felt died in my behalf
Memorial day is a day that has carved a place out in my heart and still wakes me up
in the middle of the night 47 years latter
PIC_0085.JPG03042016 1341.jpg03042016 1337.jpg

krystalkitty

Being a Vet myself; today we Honor the Vets and MIA by giving a 3 gun salute at several cemetaries and a river. Have been doing this for 20 yrs. Being a "long weekend" and always other things to do, this is the least I can do for our fallen comrades!!!

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Remember Them

Remember Them

Hello Doc,
Outstanding post.

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

2009_0926Image0022.jpg

2009_0926Image0024.jpg

2009_0926Image0006.jpg

2009_0926Image0011.jpg

Phil.

Last edited: