• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

Warning to those using FACEBOOK

doc3738

Pickled Onion
I have had a facebook account for ages . A month or so ago I try to log in and find it is locked
There is a notice that in order to have the account unlocked I must verify who I am
To do so is send a picture ID with date of birth and signature on it
After verifying with Facebook that it was a real request, I ask why
I have never violated any terms, never banned or blocked or anything
I received a response that they were going to make everyone send the same info

I still wanted to know what would be done with the info after they were done
and that is where we went sideways
They would not tell me why after all this time it needed to be done and what would happen afterwards
That still would not prove who I was as anyone can make fake ID'S

Since then I know of a person that has forgotten her password and they will not let her create a new one until she does the same thing.
I know a person that has married and changed her name and now they want a 150.00 to give access to her account
The last person I can't verify 100 % but believe them to be reliable

What is bad is they will not let me retrieve items that were on there that I do not have a copy of
There are drawings and paintings that a grandson sent me and I never thought of making copies

Here is the real kicker
Last week I happen to get an email from Facebook saying welcome back . We have missed you please log in and enjoy.
I log in and here is my account with everything wiped clean

To further compound this I have just read an article that Facebook is ramping more adverts and will be sending them to your phone and other sources

Last night I took the phone that the wife has and took some photos ,I emailed them to my non google or Microsoft email .From there I downloaded them to my laptop
This morning the wife opens her facebook and there they are with a notice that only she can see them
They were just making it easier for her to put them on her page if she wanted to
What if these had been private documents or something . If they can load them to her facebook then they can see them or someone can

This is a warning if you have an account make sure you have everything copied and be careful what you take pictures of .Do not give them a picture ID with a signature and dob on it
I do not know what they are doing but it has nothing to do with verifying your account
I truly believe all the hacking that people thought was a scam was really a test from facebook
Strange that now they are doing the same thing holding your account ransom
I am on another group that is growing

Last edited:

doc3738

Pickled Onion
read this on MSN

read this on MSN

Facebook is set to push ads to everyone, regardless of whether they're a user or not - here's what you can do to protect your privacy

I could not find the one on MSN .I wish I could have because when you go too the comment section you had to log in with a facebook account and it wpuld post to facebook.
This is really interesting read

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/11-things-you-might-want-8083093

marielynne

Fried Onion
Thanks for the heads up Doc, I googled this subject and found fb can indeed ask for picture id to unlock an account. I am taking measures tomorrow to prevent this from happening to me. I found there are ways to get around a lock out if it does happen, google how to unlock your fb account with hola free vpn.

The friend who was told to send money to unlock her account, this is not facebook. She must have been infected with Ransom ware....google that and read how to protect your account from that. Ive never heard this happening with just fb account, usually the whole computer is blocked but anything is possible.

mistyshade

Pickled Onion
Facebook Nazis

Facebook Nazis

Hello Doc,
Beware of that little piece of effluent Zuckerberg.
He has teamed up with Bilderburg and Merkel and the EU along with the NWO to invade our lives as much as possible.
The latest here is 'hate-speech'. Whatever the hell that is.
Many people in the UK are closing their accounts and telling them to f-off.
This is the thin end of the '1984' wedge. (fantastic book authored by George Orwell).
A closed FB account appears to be no bad thing.

Phil.

doc3738

Pickled Onion
Facebook and payment

Facebook and payment

One of our sons is a computer guru you might say
My thought was that it was a scam of some sort
according to him,buried in the new updated terms and use
is buried the right to charge.
He said he almost looked over it and it is not spelled out well
Kind of like a lot of our laws it says one thing one place and something else in another
Even he believes the fee is real
You may be right though

doc3738

Pickled Onion
leaving facebook

leaving facebook

I moved over to MeWe
It is a young company and has less restrictions
it is in the baby stages so not a l;ot of bells and whistles but I like it

marielynne

Fried Onion
One of our sons is a computer guru you might say
My thought was that it was a scam of some sort
according to him,buried in the new updated terms and use
is buried the right to charge.
He said he almost looked over it and it is not spelled out well
Kind of like a lot of our laws it says one thing one place and something else in another
Even he believes the fee is real
You may be right though

Hopefully your friend can contact facebook , NOT using the link provided in their message, and determine if request is real. If he/she was asked for credit card to debit this amount it is not real...see fb reply to this inquiry re credit card request, its in the fb help site and says to NOT reply but report it to fb immediately. He/She can try the Hola free vpn method to try and get around the lock out but I would shut down my computer and do a huge malware/virus run. Sounds like a hack. I am aware of the rumors to charge like 3.00 or 5.00 for usage, terms may have been built into the usage contract to implement in the future but adding extra ads for now seems to have squelched that need as fb says fee based is out for now. They have lied before though about what they are and are not going to do.......

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10151385382726618

Id sooner quit fb then pay for anything, I use fb games as an alternative to online gambling, which is not available to me, but there are others ways to play games lol.

Last edited: