• Hi and welcome to GoneGambling

To whomever it may concern. (Some concerns)

GreedyGirl

Pickled Onion
I'm so annoyed as well as hurt by Drone's post.

For those of you who are unaware, GoneGambling is barely getting by. Some months I'm only squeaking by, with only Deedeemoe, John and our hosting costs being covered...I'm not taking any sort of paycheck. To keep things going (this includes my own home and expenses), I spend a ridiculous amount of time doing consulting work--most weeks I work no less than 80 hours. I'm exhausted.

I think I've made no secret that without Jeff being available full-time (or someone with ASP knowledge), there is little that can be done to change the site. This site was built nearly 20 years ago, using language that is long-forgotten. We've tried for years to find someone that could handle ASP and without success. Without someone with ASP knowledge, it's going to require re-building the site from the ground up, costing well over a quarter million dollars (likely closer to half million). Again, we barely squeak by each month.

I've always wanted more for GoneGambling. No one purchases a site like this, without big dreams for the future. Unfortunately, our membership is laden with folks who DON'T support our bottom line. Unless we get more money in, it's going to be difficult to make changes. It pains me more than you'll know that someone who is bragging about how many GG's he has, is now slamming this site...a site he never contributed to by supporting our sponsors.

No one will ever understand how truly heartbreaking it is for me (and Dee and John for that matter), that things are stagnant. With so many technological changes and industry changes, it's difficult. On a more personal level, I wish I had more time to devote to the site, but as it is, I have precious little time.

Call Drone's post salt on an open wound/kicking a dead horse, whatever, I don't understand it. If anyone is so unhappy here, it's simple: Leave. You don't need to leave crying for attention. Just go.

And to whoever is still here, please know, Dee, John and I all sincerely appreciate EVERYONE'S support.

mrsbuda1

Pickled Onion
HIYA STEVE

HIYA STEVE

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW IT OR NOT SOME OF THE GAMES HERE ON GG YOU CAN WIN CASH ON,LIKE TOTALLY RANDOM, YOU CAN WIN UP TO $1000. THERE ARE OTGHER GAMES YOU CAN WIN CASH ON TOO. I'M SORRY I DON'T REMEMBER ALL OF THEM. GOOD LUCK AND HACVE A GOOD 1. :wine:

doc3738

Pickled Onion
Have not seen drones post

Have not seen drones post

Have not seen drones post and do not need to
I am one of those that just hangs around and gives no support
It is near impossible for me to find a way to deposit and get anything back if I should get lucky
Having said that, the site works fine for what it is
That is a place to hopefully find good honest places to play as well as a few games that cost nothing to play
If the site no longer meets a persons requirements that is a shame but still it works for the
correct reasons
Yes, I have a lot of GG's the reason is I have nursed them saved them and do not play them out as fast as possible
I am sure Greedy would love tosee a big influence of funds come thru so more can be done
Drone if unhappy abouthe way the site is should maybe start a collection fund for support of the site

I need to hush

Last edited: